Thursday, August 4, 2011

What would you miss?


I got up this morning, printed boarding passes that are not valid for security and say: "ATTN AGT: DANGEROUS GOODS" Great.  They also say "Airport Service Document/DNGR" and "Not valid for Security"   FANTASTIC!  Prepare for a full body cavity TSA search now is what they should say.  All because I must take a locked, clean, handgun with me and some ammo to kill a bear that could possibly charge me.  So sorry.  

What am I going to miss?  (Hopefully the TSA pat down)

-Old Spice Fresh on my one and only.
-Lunches with Mom on a whim.
-Seconds off the plant strawberries; they melt in your mouth with the sweetness of the earth and the warmth of the sun.
-The excitement and joy in a dog’s pounce when he sees Fancy Frog waiting for him on the bed.
-Dinner runs to Red Robin just because we can.
-Mojo sandwhich.
-PooPoo hugs.  (It’s the dog’s nickname)
-Back talking from a certain mouthy Siberian Husky.
-The gentle “Woo” from an old man.
-Du-da-du-da-da-dutit. (Up pops Harley, “Got anything for me?)
-The dog in the oven. 
-The feeling of our bed as you sink in after a long day and fall asleep in minutes.
-Star Cinema Popcorn.
-Daily Buzz Hot Chocolate
-Warm air across my arms and legs as I drive the Jeep on a hot summer day.
-Black Friday: yep, I'm a crazy!
-Harvest Fest, though it's long days it's still fun.
-Picking out a Christmas Tree.

What would you miss?  Comment below!

The list could go on but why dwell on it?  I'll be back at Christmas time to see family and friends.  In the meantime, I'll be experiencing a whole new world full of new things to miss I'm sure.

22 hours.....


1 comment:

  1. I miss the rain and the way the air smells after a rain shower in the PNW. I miss the moss growing on trees. I miss the mountains. I miss seeing cars with Beaver (and Duck) flags flapping in the wind as they head down to a home football game. I miss PNW salmon. I miss Dutch Bros. I miss dinner with the family. I miss making fun of my brothers. I miss just being able to see my friends whenever I want. Oh and I miss living in a sales tax free state.

    Good luck. I'm cheering for you from Boston.

    ReplyDelete