Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The last days of summer

A summer evening drive into the hills.  It has a few purposes; time with a friend, shooting practice and driving my beloved Jeep.  I think about how wonderful these last few weeks have been.  The nice warm weather has been a great taste of summer and I think of leaving it for the Alaskan rain and it's a little depressing.  We had such a late spring here that the little bit of summer here just doesn't seem like enough.  It's what I've got though so it will just have to do.

Do brain farts come with the amount (or lack) of time left?  When we drove up to go shooting last night, I pulled my gun case out, reached into the bag for the key and it was not there.  Gut check.  Ah, are you kidding me, I just drove all the way up there and didn't have the key so I could shoot?  I'm glad Katie had her gun though.  We had fun with that and the old beer cans did explode with ease!  It was a great night and the drive home was under the stars and a beautiful moon.

Most of the packing is done.  I'm living on a few selected outfits here while the rest is packed.  The final packing and checking of the packed items will be today so that tomorrow I won't have to worry about it.  Pillows still have to fit too.  A dog would like to stow away but I just don't think the airline would like to find a puppy in the luggage.

So for now I have a breakfast planned this morning and family time for tomorrow.  It's hard to think that I'll be leaving for 1500 miles away in just two days.

2 days and counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment