Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weather delay

Welcome to the bush.  We are all hanging out playing on the new computers waiting for a plane to get here to wisk us away to Katmai lodge.  However, flying in the bush requires sight.  Sight doesn't happen when there is fog and low rain clouds.  So, here we wait.  Eating the leftover lunch from yesterday and getting special passwords to be on Facebook through the district internet while we wait.

I guess it's the life of the bush, waiting around and making sure that the pilots can see the hills we don't want them to fly into.  I'm ok with that.  I hear that the plane I'm scheduled to fly on is the cadalliac of the small planes.  Made in Switzerland and it can fly faster than the other little planes too.  We'll see how those plans change too!  All types of new information presents itself on the fly and we learn in the same manner. It's exciting and we'll all figure it out as we go.

So for now, no cool Katmai pictures.  I hope I'll get some for you tonight.  For now, here's the link to the lodge.

http://www.katmai.com/fishing.html


No comments:

Post a Comment