Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Final Countdown


It's 3 am, well, now it's 4 but I was up at 3.  I guess with 3 days left, maybe this will be what starts to happen.  With only a few days left, my mind will start racing even more, I'll figure out things that I've forgotten to send, don't know if it will fit in what room I have left or if I'm really doing the right thing.  (I know it is)

Time is short, I had a great dinner and visit with a friend last night.  I'm very glad we went and the skeeters weren't too bad even.  Knock on wood whatever bites I did receive aren't bugging me.  Ha!  We chatted about her upcoming wedding.  I'm bummed I won't be around for much of festivities that go along with it but that I guess is a price we pay for living far away now.

Today's line up includes time with the sister before she heads back to work for the next few days.  It's the last day she has off before I leave.  I think her and Mom have plans for my hedges and then a lunch at a favorite pizza place.  She'll enjoy the back seat at least one more time while I'm here but I know she'll love having me gone as she'll graduate to the front seat while I'm away.  

Our girl doxie turns 7 today.  Yes, they are like our kids and she'll probably get some special food today.  As soon as Eric finds out it's his little girls birthday he might even give her a little nibble of the cake that's on the counter.  After all, who doesn't deserve a little cake on their birthday?

Well, here's hoping that maybe a little bit of sleep will come my way before the day really gets underway......and to making the next few days count.

3 days........


No comments:

Post a Comment