Friday, August 12, 2011

Jam packed days

We're here for inservice.  It's a lovely place and people really seem to enjoy it here.  The people are friendly and the food is excellent. Today was french toast, shepard's pie and mexican.  Between meals we talked about schedules, levels, standards and how school was going to run in general.  With a better understanding of how things will work out, I'm ready for a flight to Egegik and some time in my apartment.

Before that though, there were walks alone, walks with new friends and some experiences shooting a bow again.  Here are some more pictures to help paint the picture.
Boat docks looking toward the lodge

Another beautiful day in AK.  State flag, do you know what the stars are?

Alecia and I trying for the water bags
Kathy did the bow last night and had a little trouble with it getting her arm.

My mushroom finds on grounds



Mushroom family

Took a walk to the end of the dock.

Hang the big catch of the day there, didn't fish though, it was SPENDY.  I'll have enough of it in Egegik! 
Bear tracks on the sand bar, we did NOT see it, just the tracks.

MeMe, the sled dog.  She was shy but she could tell I'm a dog person.

 And the one, the only, AfterBite.  This is heaven right here.  I will be ordering some.  One of the gals had it and let me use some after she saw the bites on my hand, forehead and ear.  It was FANTASTIC.  Stopped the itch within 20 seconds.  




2 comments:

  1. I did hit the water bag twice above the water line, then shot the string for a win. The arm looked worse than it really was. I learned proper holding technique a little too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you are ever in a pinch and need something to put on a bug bite, slather on some mustard.

    ReplyDelete