Thursday, June 30, 2011

90% sure

So the cardiologist says today he's 90% sure that Mom did not have a heart attack or stroke based upon the EKG results. They did another one in the appointment today. That's great news! It sure makes me feel a bunch better.

They still want to do a stress test before they let her go and have surgery. That will be done tomorrow with a clearance for her knee surgery coming on Tuesday if all still looks fine. If she wasn't trying to have surgery, they would have looked at the EKG and sent her home with a "come see us if you have chest pain."

It's good news, more tests and a little bit of time to enjoy the 4th of July holiday this weekend before the surgery.

I am very excited to celebrate the 4th, it's one of my favorite holidays as it's right before my anniversary. (That's my husband with my mom there on the left!) While my dogs don't really enjoy the booming and various loud noises that come with this holiday, we still really enjoy it. Saturday will be a joy as my friend Charlene and I head up to Detroit Lake for the fireworks over the lake. Pictures to come!

In other news, my two duffle bags for the flight were purchased today and I can start to pack things up tomorrow to send on their merry way to Alaska. It's going to be weird to send it off and not see my things for a month but I am ready for things to get started. Tomorrow will be another big day, it will be long and busy but I know that much will get done. Ready or not, here I come!

36 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment