Wednesday, June 29, 2011

No news is good news


As you prepare to leave, so many things run through your head. What to pack, what will I buy, how long will it really take to get there, when will I hear about my new teaching license? Everything else takes a backseat to the preparations that are taking place until they thrust themselves into the foreground.


We knew something was coming, a knee surgery for my mom because she wasn't able to straighten her knee or bend it even to 90 degrees. A torn medial meniscus and a partial ACL tear was the prognosis. Simple outpatient procedure, she'll go home, need a week off and then recover. Just go have this EKG and we'll see you on the surgery day. No news is good news.

News came.

Instead of having the surgery done tomorrow we go and see the cardiologist. They found something with the EKG and they will be able to tell us more then. No big worries yet, they just think that at some point in time she's had a small heart attack or stroke. (not that we ever knew about it) Now, looking at the EKG's from the past couple of years (there's been a few for other reasons) there has been a change but a small one. We'll know more tomorrow after the appointment.

I love my mom, this isn't supposed to happen to her, she's already dealt with so much!

It's not something I wanted to worry about, it's no one's fault that I do worry and it's no one's fault that it's happening right before I leave. It's just one more thing I choose to put on my plate. It's pretty full right now but these things come up when we least expect them to and we do what we can. I guess I just have to be thankful that there is wonderful technology available to find these little changes, the ability to use it and the ability to communicate with the technology when I do leave oh so soon.

37 days.....


No comments:

Post a Comment