Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A trunk, a container, or a bedside table?

The time crunch is on! As each day clicks by when I check my calendar it seems as if I am just not getting enough done. I know that everything will come together in the end but as I think about things that must be done at certain times, it feels like so much must be done here in the next couple of weeks and then almost nothing until the very end.

We hit up a few Goodwill's and the like type stores the other day. Well, let's not say a few. Every one in the area honestly. I had to find dishes to eat off of, various tools to use in the kitchen and a stop at a store for a bath mat and shower curtain. I just don't want those second hand. After a hard day of shopping, we came home with a few good finds and a cool looking treasure trunk. It's red with gold trim, a working lock and in good shape. If I ship it full to 70 pounds, it will cost $60 all the way to Alaska. Seems like a pretty good deal in all honesty. I wonder how close I can get it to 70lbs. and how much stuff I can pack in it. That same trunk should also be able to house extra blankets and maybe become a bedside table when it gets there. Let's hope it makes it there in good condition!

Now that I have a few good containers to ship in, I'm excited to start making the list of what I'm going to put in them and get them out of my hair. I will be happy knowing that I will not be empty handed when I get there. Some comforts of home will be nice to have when I arrive in a new world, a new home and a new life that awaits me in the last frontier.

Today started with a quick mow of the front yard and continued with the moving of many items here at home. The old garden area got mowed down and the truck canopy was moved so it can sit on the sawhorses back there and not be in the way. The boat was moved from sitting in the driveway to the side of the garage that was previously occupied by the canopy and the yard/driveway is now ready for the upcoming garage sale. Oh, am I doing too much? My jeep loves her spot in the driveway tonight!!

So that's what is on the docket next. I continue to get ready for this garage sale that is the weekend after the 4th of July. Going through rooms of the house, deciding to keep, toss, sell, or ship. I've made it through....oh a closet or two. I've got a long way to go. I'm waiting for the next rainy day to make it through the upstairs area because it is sooo hot up there. I've got a lot to do between cleaning that upstairs and then getting the downstairs all cleaned up and sorted will probably take a few hours on it's own. I guess procrastination isn't going to be an option soon. Doing it now will only make my last few weeks here more pleasurable right?

The night comes to a close, the first day of summer has been a productive and warm one. As I head to bed, the 45 days left will turn into 44 days and counting.......

2 comments:

  1. Go go Dorothy! I think this is going to be a fabulous adventure for you and I'm so glad that you're taking us all along through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... I'm still sad you won't be here for the Twilight premier!

    ReplyDelete