Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's graduation day

After another year (or so) of hard work, papers and some interesting projects I will head over to Western Oregon University to stand in line with over 700 other students, walk onto the track when during my days on campus I spent many hours on as an athlete and walk across a stage to signify that I completed a graduate program. They'll hand me a little folder that has nothing in it but has a pretty cool seal on the front. My special piece of paper will come about 10 weeks later.

10 weeks?! Don't they know I won't be anywhere near Oregon by then?! Maybe my husband will take a picture of it for me or show me via skype what all my hard work got me. A flimsy piece of paper. More importantly, that all important little note on my transcript that shows that I have this degree better not take 10 weeks, I have a teaching license to get.

Regardless, I have had to go and get new fingerprints done at the Oregon State Police. The guy there was pretty nice after an initial stiffness. He found out why I was taking up his time and became interested and asked questions and thought it was kinda cool. I've ordered an original copy of my CBEST scores because the copy of the original I have won't work. Darn it. It's a waiting game right now. Let's just say, I hate having everything ready and having to wait for others to send me the last little bits.

Once graduation is over with, what do I have to do. Wait. Wait for time to pass, wait for the passport to get here. (It's a just in case, Mom insisted.) Honestly, I kinda like the idea. Maybe I wanna fly somewhere for no reason for Spring break....hum, sounds kinda fun! I must wait for the garage sale date to get here. It's a good thing it's a little bit aways, I have a lot of closets to go through!

One thing I don't have to wait for; the grass to grow. I have to mow that grass all the flipping time! Once the family is gone from coming for graduation (thank you!) I will be back outside making sure the back yard doesn't take over again and then back inside making sure the closets don't eat me alive.

This number just keeps getting smaller.....I almost feel like it jumps more than it should...

55 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment