Friday, June 24, 2011

Goodbye Check Engine Light

For years my check engine light has been on. It's also known as the idiot light. Everyone has told me it's no big deal, probably just the O2 sensor or something minor that's no biggie. So, the jeep kept running and I kept looking at it, people would ask and I would say, it's no big deal. Well, today a friend of mine helped fix a little vent tube that I noticed was broken, he cleaned off the engine (it's more than one color?) and as I started up the engine, the light was off! I think after so many years of driving around with it on, it will be weird to look down at the dash and have it be gone.

It was a great day for the jeep, sunny with some patchy clouds. The problem, I didn't get to drive it all that much. A trip to Salem to see Bad Teacher with the hubby was nice but we took the car. It gets much better gas milage and Eric doesn't have to worry about his allergies. The movie was ok, many of the good parts were already in the previews but the movie as a whole was a little slow. Plot line, eh. Funny though because secretly in many teachers minds, just once, you have thought one of those comments to a response on a test. She's just taken it to the front. Never would that really happen, but you knew who the teachers in the theater were, they were the ones laughing.

This morning I went garage sale shopping with one of my best friends, Charlene. I found a few things to bring with me to Alaska. Some Tupperware measuring cups that are like the ones my mom has hanging in her house, an old fashion potato peeler, a sandwich container and a flashlight that didn't work. Ya, so much for the new batteries idea! Lunch was great, Panezanellie's breadsticks were great and it was a good day.

A short stop this evening was at Ugo's. Yes, that is two pizza places in one day. Though I didn't get anything to eat, I did purchase a nice T-shirt and get a picture from a nice local man. I'm sure you have seen him on TV. He's on the Deadliest Catch. It was great to get to meet him, provide support from the hometown and I got a little gift for my students too. I got him to pick his favorite picture and he made it out to the kids of Egegik! I can't wait to hang it in my classroom!

Tonight will be a welcome rest as tomorrow will bring another day closer to the day I leave for a wonderful adventure. We'll watch another new movie, Cars 2! I'll practice again with the gun and work some more on getting myself ready for shipping my things off to the Last Frontier or ready for the garage sale that's planned in a few weeks.

42 days.....


No comments:

Post a Comment