Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Let the paperwork end!

Oh paperwork, how I love (loathe) thee. It's a necessary evil to getting a job. First there is the application, resume, cover letter and the such. Once hired there's the essential packet of paperwork to ensure that you are who you say you are and to tell them where to send your share of the money.

When teaching in Alaska, you also get to take a physical so they know you aren't going to have major medical issues that you won't have access to a doctor's office for and that you aren't a carrier of communicable diseases. To give you an example of something they look for, TB is something they test for to make sure you don't have it. Because I just got done working for a mental facility for the state, I had already been tested. Thank goodness, I didn't want that test again, it wasn't very fun! So the packet for the school district has been sent off. Check.

Now I am waiting for the last piece of the puzzle, the license packet. It's sitting here all filled out and ready to go. I got the word today that my degree was posted early for me (as requested) and the transcripts are on their way. Since I live so close, I'm hoping they will be here tomorrow or on Friday so I can get that license packet on it's way. Waiting for the test scores from the other place took their time getting here, I just am glad that AK doesn't take as long getting through their applications as another state I know does.

It's time to head for a nice long nap. My puppy is on my lap eyeing me. Since I only have a few weeks left to "baby" him I think I better go.

44 days......

No comments:

Post a Comment