Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Progress made

Today was a very productive day.

In trying to keep my yard in check, or get it back in line, I mowed the side yard, the back yard and mowed down part of the "garden". To explain, that's the patch of the yard that used to be a garden but has since grown better grass than any place else and houses strawberries in buckets, blueberry bushes and a couple of raspberry bushes. I'm hoping that with some black cover everything that we want to die will and it will be in much better shape for next spring when I return home. Maybe I'm too ambitious but we can see what happens.

After that, I headed into town to scavenge the aisles of the local Goodwill. In search of some silverware to take with me, not only did I find a huge bag of it for 4.99 instead of .99/ea., I found the elusive silicone baking pans I've been looking all over for. I swear that they disappeared off the market! I got three bread pans, a muffin pan and a 9x9ish casserole pan....I take that as a brownie pan! I'm sure I'll get creative though. Bonus find: Pepsi glass with handle to add to my collection. I just love those things. I only have one without the handle so I'm always on the lookout for those too! Now, to decide on what type of plates and pots, etc. to take.

I have to continue to work through the closets for a garage sale. Trimming the fat here at home is going to help us out later in life and allows us to look at what is really important. The garage sale should bring in some extra money and I'm excited to get some stuff outta the house!

The final steps came late in the day today. I found out more about who my students will be, how many I will have for sure and some of the steps I can start at with them. A heavy sigh whooshes through my lungs as I begin to prepare for a very busy and experience filled year ahead. I'm excited to get started and to begin to learn more about the students I will spend much of the next year of my life with!

52 days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment