Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Accomplishing nothing

I thought I was supposed to be doing something. No, I know I was supposed to be doing a lot of things today. Going through my closet. (there's still hope for later tonight right?) Maybe hitting the upstairs in prep for the garage sale in 2 weeks. Laundry, cleaning the basement and sorting that too? Ya, all those things were on the list. They are still on the list.

So, what happened?

iPad.

It started off innocently enough. Rising early this morning to some dogs wanting to go outside, I figured I had some time to relax a bit in bed with the new educational tool, learn some of the Apps I put on there. I started off with the educational ones. Organizing them by subject; Science, Math, Flash card activities and I put all the games on the very last page. The problem is, I saw the games.

30 minutes turned into 3 hours. Breakfast, then some more games. Talking Tom, the stinking Tom rip-off Gina the Giraffe thing, some puzzle games, it just didn't end. Motivation for the closet was gone. Out the window never to return. Now I hope this doesn't become a trend, if it does, someone slap me.

This was purchased so that I could use it in the classroom, to help reach out to students with technology. There are some pretty cool Apps that I've got on there that suck me in on the educational side too. Star Walk (if you don't have it yet, get it) is awesome! The science 360, pretty cool and will be a great addition to the Science classroom as I'm going to teach students who haven't had much in the way of that subject yet! There's some other's on there too, but I'll leave that post for when I actually get to use them and tell you how it goes. *Let's hope they don't find the games right away!

Let's see if I can make a dent in the closet.

38 days.......

2 comments:

  1. I didn't get anything done today either...oh, yes, I did buy a wire wisk...and oh, yes, I talked to you on Facebook. Well, the rest of it can wait for the frantic mass-packing that will happen just days before I leave. Yes, I know myself well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina the Giraffe sucked me in too. Lol But not so much lately since she had all her babies. Sadly, I am proud of that. lol

    ReplyDelete