Friday, June 17, 2011

Earthquake

Yesterday, about 30 miles SW of Anchorage there was a 5.2 earthquake. I immediately wanted to know that everyone was ok, if the people in my village felt anything (though it's 330 miles away from Anchorage) the article I read said that the peninsula had felt it. I looked immediately onto the district email to see if there was anything about it, but nothing was there. I guess that means no news is good news.

In talking to my friend that will be teaching for the first time in AK next year too, she hadn't heard about it. She's from a bit further East however and I could understand why only I had heard about it here on the West coast. She said: "well as long as it doesn't crack off and sink in the ocean i don't care!"

I like the optimism there and the idea that it might crack off...maybe float away and sink. I sure hope that doesn't happen and if it does, there's a plane nearby with my name on it!

49 days...


No comments:

Post a Comment