Saturday, June 18, 2011

First glimpses


So the first pictures have come in. The picture to the right is from the back door looking into the kitchen. There's a stand up freezer on the right and a regular fridge/freezer combo. I'm not sure by the pictures where the "living" area is but I'm betting it's off to the right from there. Time will tell!

I think this will be honestly one of the biggest learning experiences of my life thus far. I know how to shop, sure, but I know the store is just a few blocks away. Now I start to think about when I am making food what I couldn't live without. I worry that there might be something that I couldn't get when shopping in Anchorage. I know I'm sending some of those "must haves" in the first few boxes up there. One of those things I just worry about, Nature's Seasoning. I just know that all the frozen chicken and other things that I will have over the next few months must have that. Steak, must have that seasoning! Sending a bottle now ensures that I will have that even if it's not in the store. I'm sure it's there, but just in case.

I'm getting more and more excited, and nervous. Time seems to fly by and it doesn't stop. I have a few things to turn in, boxes to get ready to ship and practice to do in the handgun department. Nightmares have popped in and out of my nights of sleep. I'm not sure that they are all due to the big move but I'm sure there is some symbolism. Eric is lucky that the Quillow (a pillow/quilt combo) didn't hit him last night when I threw it in my sleep at the extra large (think Harry Potter's Nagani) size black mamba. It was coming right at my face and the pillow was thrown at it. HA, I even made it in an empty box in the bedroom, do I get extra points for style?

The new pictures of the apartment are helping ease the anxiety and I know that Eric liked seeing them too. I'm excited about the bedroom which has the huge window you see here. I will have two closets, one really big one and one small one. It's going to be so new to live on my own again. I'm going to miss Eric like crazy but I know it will be good for me to be there by myself so I can concentrate on the kids and providing the best for them, especially in the first year.


The big closet in the main bedroom.
Time marches on, thanks for continuing to read and please subscribe to the blog, I like knowing who's reading and I love getting comments. Especially if you want to know something specific, please ask!

48 days.....

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog Dorothy! I'm excited for you. And don't worry- Anchorage has everything you'd need- they've got Cotsco! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's only 48 days!!

    I just added Egegik to the weather station on my phone and I'll think of you everytime I see it! :)

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete