Friday, July 1, 2011

First Trunk Packed


Oh goodness. I know today was day 1 that I could start sending stuff out. If I sent it out today, it might get to Salem by tomorrow and then sit over the long holiday weekend. So, no big deal, it didn't get to the post office today. I had some other pressing issues to take care of.

Price adjustments at Kohl's, done. Check out a new lens for my camera, done. (No, I didn't buy one but we thought about it) See's candies, check! Ok, so maybe that last one wasn't a pressing issue but it was right there and I know I won't get fresh See's when I'm in Alaska, why not indulge a little now?

Upon returning home, I had a little bit of time left before going and seeing a movie with Mom, my aunt and cousin along with my hubby. The hometown theater was nice and cool today and was a good break from the warm weather. Don't get me wrong, I love the warm weather as does my jeep!

When I came home, it was time to pack at least one bag. After going through a TON of things upstairs this morning I was ready to have at least one package ready to go. Something accomplished and finished was what I was going for. Well, mission accomplished.

The trunk is cool, I can't wait to have it there for a piece of furniture. I still can't believe it's 10lbs. under the weight limit, it's so heavy! A big thanks goes out to those in Egegik who will be handling this beast!

35 days.....

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I got your comment on my blog and I decided to check yours out. It looks like you will be teaching in majorly rural Alaska... that's awesome. Anchorage was as extreme as I wanted to go. My question is... how are you shipping that huge trunk for only $80? I'm driving to AK, but I'm nervous that I won't fit everything in my car (my place in AK is furnished) and I'm looking for cost effective shipping.

    -Lorinda (http://lorjensinak.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://postcalc.usps.gov/

    That's the site there Lorinda. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete