Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why are you awake?


This was the question posed to me by my husband as he left for work this morning. After our long drive home from visiting family and friends for a couple of days near Boise, ID we were both very tired. I was awake because his alarm went off.

He got up and ready for work. I tried to roll over and go back to bed but in 10 short days, I'll be on a plane. Away from everyone for 4 1/2 months. 10 days?! That's a countdown! Like, a real official countdown. I have SO MUCH to do in 10 days including:

Finish packing suitcases, duffels and maybe one more box to ship if it doesn't all fit.
Get a room ready for a long term guest.
Present at a track clinic in Seaside.
Drive my Jeep as much as possible!
Mow the yards.
Spend time with hubby and family.
Spend time with friends (Charlene must be going NUTS!)
Keep the house clean.
Laundry (making sure I keep what I am packing clean and ready to go while still living)
Suspend insurance for the Jeep and for me while I am away.
Make shopping lists for Anchorage.
Make a photo CD and get it in the mail.
Show off my new shoes while driving the Jeep some more!
Cuddle with puppies.
Going away party.

Why am I awake? Because this list, along with so many other thoughts and ideas run through my head like a freight train. I don't have the ability to sleep once semi-concious. It's just not possible.

Not that you hadn't guessed it already.........10 days and counting.....

1 comment:

  1. So what did I get done?

    I had a ton on my mind and got some of it out off my chest. It allowed me to focus on a few things and get them done.

    I was able to mow 2 of 3 yards, get the yard debris picked up, trim some hedges, suspend the insurance starting the day I leave, shop for a going away party, wash two dogs and spend some time with Mom and Darcy.

    Trim hedges, wash puppies?? I don't remember that being on the list but it happened anyways. Oh well, day is over and I'm exhausted.

    ReplyDelete