Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sittin in the sun & the shade

I sit outside, the birds chirp, a slight breeze comes by to cool my face and the sandal lines on my feet get even worse. They are very evident now, I think I might have sandals on even when my feet are bare. Secretly I was hoping that my feet were a little dirty last night when I took my sandals off, they weren't, it was all sun tan lines.

I'm at it again today too. I've been outside since 7am. Checking on signs, parking cars with signs in just the right places and ensuring that the masses will come. Come and spend money. Money on the things we want to leave our house. Yes, it's garage sale time. We wanted to trim some of the "fat" in the house before I left for Alaska and we've done a great job of selling. Yesterday we were slammed! Today is a bit slower but people are still showing up. We've made room in the garage for my Jeep. She'll sit in there until I come home in the winter time. It's been a great sale so far and we have accomplished much of what we wanted to. That is, we've raised enough money to pay for our anniversary trip to the coast.

Let's hope that the coast has some more sun for us to enjoy. These last few weeks before I leave should be nice weather. It will be the last bit of really nice sunshine before I leave for the great north and a ton of rain. Time passes so quickly now, I hope I can accomplish what I want in the short time that is left.

27 days......

No comments:

Post a Comment