Sunday, July 3, 2011

Busy Busy


For having "almost no plans" this holiday weekend is turning out to be pretty busy for me. I now have a few minutes to hop on here while I sit in the darkness of our front room with my husband as we are both exhausted from a long day.

Yesterday was another day to practice shooting. Eric went out with me and we had a good day. The view from the hilltop was fantastic and the weather didn't get too hot until we were about to leave. While Eric didn't like my idea of a great view, from the cliff, he still walked down the pathway a bit with me to snap a picture but made a hasty retreat.

Going out early was a good idea, it also gave us the rest of the day. Eric had fun shooting his guns and then learned what I'm shooting. I really enjoyed our time together and I must admit, tossing him around a little bit in the jeep was kinda fun! (Sorry about that one bump hun!) Next weekend will be busy all the same but I need to get out and go shooting for practice, I'm thinking Saturday night after the garage sale is over.

Last night was fantastic! My friend Charlene and I took our yearly trip up to the side of the road next to Detroit Lake to watch the fireworks. We get the same spot every year and know that we have to be there very early. This year I think we drove in at 7pm, 3 hours before the fireworks started. After taking out the chairs, drinkables and our dinner, we settled into the few games of Rummikub. Upon finishing that, my iPad was stolen from me as she discovered a new game. It's ok though, I went and took some fantastic photos of Mt. Jefferson and set up the equipment for some firework photography. We enjoyed the shortest fireworks to date and then beat feet home. Below are some photos from our evening.

Today was a bit busy as well. I know I'll miss days like this where I can just go about the canyon whenever I want and see people in my life I know I will miss. I got to hang out with Jenn and her son Zane when we went out fishing. Her daughter, Jax, stayed at home today with Grandma so it was just the 4 of us.

I caught my first frog ever today. We put him in this container so we could get a good look at him. Then not long after, Jenn decided he needed something to eat and hop, hop, hop. He was gone never to be caught again. It was ok though, that was his home. He was a big guy though and I didn't want to touch him...in fact having him in the net was close enough. I think I already feel a wart coming on!




Zane was bent on catching frogs today and was intense in his quest for the 4 legged creatures. His determination wasn't rewarded very well today but his enthusiasm was fantastic! He did enjoy some fishing but I think Eric was the only one today with much luck in that department.


While I did not fish, I enjoyed the day and even got this pretty enjoyable picture of some flower coming up. I guess I need to research that because this one might just get blown up and framed. I really like it.



And now for the scary part....

July 3rd, 33 days......

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great day! Good to hear you are still practicing too - that makes me happy! Cool fireworks and frog photos. I smoked some trout up yesterday and then made a cream cheese dip for the party - everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete