Friday, July 29, 2011

What a drive that was!


Yesterday I took my fabolous Jeep for a drive. A long drive. 3 hours in fact. It wasn't supposed to be 3 hours but it ended up taking that long due to traffic, a truck that decided to crash into the side of a mountain with his trailer attached and some bridge construction.

The sun was hot, it was great but I think one side of my face and my arm got a little pinker than the rest of my body! I enjoyed the driving part of it, not the sitting in Portland traffic. I thought I had left early enough but as I rounded the corner on 217, BAM, parking lot. Ok, I can deal with this. It was the exhaust I was having a hard time with though. No top means I smell and inhale it all. Ok though, I was in my jeep and having a good day.

Then the signs started. The highway that I was to take later on was closed due to a crash. Do I risk it and hope they have it cleared or at least one lane open by the time I get that far or try to find a different route? It was way far along that route, I bet by the time I get there they have to get at least one lane open. Besides, I don't really know a different route! So, I chanced it. Good choice on my part as they did get one lane open and it was only about a 5 minute delay. He had smashed his truck up good, I hope they came out of it ok.

Then it was the road construction. Bridge work that had HUGE backups in both directions. I think I waited about 10 minutes but that was ok as it gave me time to let the Jeep rest, get my sweatshirt out and get it on as the cloud cover had rolled over and my goosebumps were quite large by that point! A quick 20 minutes from there and my ride was over.

Seaside and Gearhart are nice and the walk along a beach route to a nice little geocache was pleasent. The water was a bit cold but aside from that we had a good night. I slept like a rock and enjoyed a nice evening with a high school friend and a high school teacher.

Today we've done a track clinic that continues tomorrow morning. I threw shot put and discus for two hours while I helped out the local kids. (I'll keep you updated on just how sore I'm going to be tomorrow as it's already started!) Right now I sit and rest while I have a cup of hot chocolate and write a blog in downtown Seaside. I think it's time to enjoy some Geocaching and a little walk along the "Prom".

Enjoy. 7 days and counting.....


No comments:

Post a Comment