Thursday, July 28, 2011


Yesterday was productive to say the least. I think we got a TON done and my muscles agree with me.

I really feel that Eric is on the right path for school now, or at least he knows which direction he's going in. It's still going to take longer than what anyone would want it to but that's the life and we've got the time. He's got his degree changed, advisor changed, password figured out and now he's got to re-take a placement test and figure out what math class(s) he's going to start with. It was a good day but a long one at WOU, I think the best part might just have been Yang's!

We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and picked up another tote. I think I'll have to mail just one more. Some stuff I won't need right away but things that do need to make it there. When we walked into the store, in a marked crosswalk mind you, some guy in a large truck just about hit us, he was driving too fast and made it all dramatic by stopping short when he had plenty of time as he was half-way across the lot when we started walking. THEN, he had the nerve to yell at me. WRONG IDEA. I didn't turn into the complete Wal-Mart psycho, pretty close though. All the pent up energy from yesterday's crazies started to boil over. "Go ahead and hit me, I'm in a freaking crosswalk, I'd LOVE the lawsuit!" He continued to yell in a mumbled fashion and I glared as I walked into the store with disbelief that it had really happened. Not only had he just about hit me, but my wonderful hubby as well. Eric turned to me and said, "he had Alaska plates on that truck, did you notice?" No, I was too busy trying to not get hit! And I don't care if they were Alaska plates darn it, he's in Oregon now.

That was time number two for the Alaska reminder, time number one was the ALASKAN painted on the back of a beer van in front of us. I think we might have gone a few days without the reminders but it's funny how you start to see them. I guess it might be like pregnant women who always start to notice all the other pregnant women. Do you think it might be because they are all in the baby section together?

The end to my day was a dinner with Charlene at Ixtapa, a couple of great hugs from friends and then picking up hedge clippings. Great fun on that last part. That's where the muscle soreness comes from. Ick! But, it's done and the hedges are so much better now! Though, the sense of privacy in the backyard is diminished greatly. It's a trade-off though, next time around, the trimming will be much easier. It had gone without for much too long. Doug Ellis is a god send!

So today will include some packing, laundry, and a drive to a track clinic. I'll get to see some great people and come home to Summerfest in Stayton and a going away party. I hope I can walk the street for Summerfest before I head to the party. I always love it and I'm glad it's before I leave this year. I hope Eric will come with me too!

On a side note, I'll be looking for a new uploading device so I can put some more pictures on here because I can't seem to find the one I had. Maybe during the cleaning today I'll discover it and more pictures will surface!

Off to destroy day 8 and counting.....


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget... there are many of us who will happily send you whatever else you find that you need while you're up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind! It will be amazing to see what I have forgotten when I finally get there!

    ReplyDelete