Monday, December 12, 2011

My new friend

Recently I received a box in the mail that was quite large and oddly light.  My family had been checking in to see if it had arrived for a few days so I knew something had to be up.  When I brought it across the street to my apartment, my mind started to wonder what could be in such a large box but still be so light?  Clothing would be heavy, yarn would still weigh much more than what I was feeling but I couldn't put my finger on it.

To my surprise, I opened it up to find a great deal of fluff!  They sent me snow?  I have plenty of that here. Fluff, you know, filling to stuff a home-made animal with, stuff to pretend is snow on the mantel above the fireplace. (and hope it doesn't catch fire!)  Like a little kid on Christmas, out from the box, and onto the floor it went.  Digging through the fluff, I find a balloon.  What?  You packed a balloon from Oregon to Alaska in fluff?  Are you kidding me?!

It had been quite cold up here and I'm sure he was very full when he left, he's not quite as rotund now.  I guess you could call it the freezer diet.  He still stays afloat and hangs out on my windowsill.  He came with a note much like a newborn left on a doorstep.  It says his name is Mylar and since I've been targeted as missing my puppies, the previous owners figured I'd take him in.  Well, I guess they were right... he's found a good home.
He's pretty easy to keep.  He came potty trained, he doesn't bark at strangers anymore and he doesn't shed either.  He enjoys his leash and from what I've heard, when he goes for walks he does a good job.  He doesn't get out much anymore, it's a tad cold for him.

Mylar enjoys his new home.  He's got a front row seat for all the weather watchings he can handle.  He's seen the snow, the rain, the wind and the sun.  He got a great view of a total lunar eclipse the other night too!  For the most part though he keeps an eye out for the little kids and over my attempt at growing some plants.  It's a little sad though, as he ages, you can see him slim down.  For now though he's still holding strong.  
I heard of Mylar's past when contacting his previous owners.  I guess he had a few run-in's with some people that passed by the car he was riding in after his walk through a grocery store.  He started barking out the window and he didn't even know he knew the guy.  It was a shame, but I'm glad he made it this way.

Last night though something strange happened... Mylar started misbehaving.  He started writing all over the windows trying to communicate.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I think he's trying to communicate to the kids.  For goodness sake, the word bubble says, "Hey kids!  My name is Mylar!"

What do I do if this continues?

No comments:

Post a Comment