Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fire and Ice 2

It's been very interesting here over the past month.  We've had some extreme freezing weather, the rain, the wind, the snow and then some nothingness.  I've watched the river freeze about halfway out, only to melt again.  The experiences with the different weather have been exciting for me.  I hope that the students have been able to experience the excitement of their world all over again through the eyes of this "outsider" as I enjoy every moment of the winter weather!
Snow beginning to slide off the roof with ice dripping off. 

When the river melts after freezing, some larger chunks are left behind on sandbars.
I made Mom wait one day on Skype because I saw this sunset as it started down.  We had a little bit of snow earlier in the day and the clouds just created a "could not miss" picture and I knew I only had seconds.  Turns out...about a minute before it was gone.  So pretty.  It's truly something you only see up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment