Friday, November 11, 2011

The wind

The wind here hasn't been my best friend.  My sleep is very important to me and I don't think I've ever had issues listening to the rain and occasional wind at home and falling asleep to it.  

The constant wind, often accompanied by rain just isn't my cup of tea however when I am trying to catch some zzzzzz's.  It pounds against the side of the school where my bedroom is located.  My apartment is on the second level and is kind of up on stilts you could say.  So when the big gusts come along I sway a little.  The sway isn't so bad, it just lets me know there was a gust.  It's the noise.  The constant hammering on the metal siding and the howl as it goes through the screw holes and the tunnels of the sheeting.

I'm sure it will take some time and by the time school is out I'll be sleeping like I've lived here forever, for now though, earplugs make me nervous I'll miss alarms in the morning.

Here's a little video taken in the daytime to let you see the power of the wind.  It is raining during this, I'm sure you'll catch a little glimpse there too.  I'm standing from the safety of my house with a window open so I'm able to stay fairly steady until a gust comes along.  I'm sure you'll notice that part!


1 comment:

  1. I imagine when you come home next summer, you'll find yourself missing the wind.

    ReplyDelete