Monday, November 21, 2011

An evening walk.

Well, some pictures stay hidden in the vault only to be brought out when I feel the need to see something other than the snow.  While that's not the case just yet, these pictures are just too pretty not to share right now.  We haven't seen the green grass in quite some time as it turned to brown quite a long time ago but the green in this picture is subdued and completely overshadowed by the beauty of the ocean and the small sunset in progress.  It was too perfect not to capture and reminds me of the hubby talking about seeing the ever famous "green flash."  While I haven't ever seen that, I'm hoping it happens someday.
After seeing the beauty above, we headed down the bank to see what the beach had in store for us.  Descending down the bank you can still see the sunset as it dips further into the ocean, but we tromped on through the tall grasses hoping to make it back before it got too dark out.  The embankment is pretty steep and a few quick little bursts of speed, intended or not, get you down pretty quick.  It's the climb up at the other end that seems to take forever!  

We walked along the beach and looked for agates, shells and other cool findings that had been washed ashore but didn't find too much this evening.  It was a nice "warm" evening and the walk was much needed.  The best part was the photography opportunities that came when I got down to the shoreline.  I feel like I had another person behind the lens when I started to look through the eyepiece.  The clouds just seemed to "come at me" and swirl.  Maybe it was just a guardian angel who was getting to experience Alaska with me, maybe just dumb luck.  No matter what it was, I am thankful it happened as I will now remember what beauty lies when we just look around.

Upon climbing the banks back up to "dry land" where the tide can't reach us, we made a stop at the place where the old war boats have been sitting and rotting away.  They have really taken a beating but it's pretty cool to see what they look like.  It reminds me of an old Willie's Jeep, but made for the water.
I bet there's some people around that would like to get their hands on something like this and here they sit, rotting away.



The next morning, a little mist and a good amount of sunshine coming in at just the right direction had me running for my camera.  A little rainbow had decided to appear and place itself right on top of our play set here at the school.  I'm not sure what time the sun was up that day but I know it's early morning because of the shadows.  If I remember correctly, I was on the way back from PE in the morning.  Now, we wouldn't have a shot in the dark of getting a shot like this at that time of day.   Actually...it would be a shot in the dark then.  HA!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment