Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Back in Egegik

State Trooper Matt came into town.
Our host's entry way sign.
My first meal when I got back from Oregon was at a local house in town.  I have to say that I truly enjoyed the company.  I got to enjoy some great spaghetti, great company and watch some wildlife from the kitchen table.  I thought it was funny while I was sitting there, our host thought he might grab another wild animal with his gun.  Trouble is the state trooper was having dinner with us.  His son had to remind him that it probably wasn't such a good idea.  Anyhow, it was a nice homey feeling to be having dinner with that group and of course, I got my picture with an AK state trooper, that was fun times too!  Matt's real nice and I know that if there's ever an issue, he'll be a plane flight away.  
Halloween wasn't more than a few days away and the few gourds and the one small pumpkin that I managed to bring home with me made a nice little entry way for my few trick-or-treaters.  Of course it is nothing like at home where we haunt the yard and have kids running down the street from us.  That is much more fun when the parents laugh at the kids as they run frightened because they were determined to get the big candy from our house.  These kids here had it made!  I had two full size candy bars along with some "snack size" ones in baggies all made up for them.  I was ready for every kid in the village, plus a little for me.  That was 18 baggies.  How many kids showed up to my door?  4.  Well, I guess I'm set for a year for candy!
Here lies Ms. Kasie, too bad she was too spacey  &  RIP Dorothy: Wishes she had some shorter hair, they used it to tie her to the electric chair

And he thought he'd scare me.  Startle maybe, scare, no.  Good costume though!

No comments:

Post a Comment