Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photo Blog

I am a terrible blogger.  Well, at least I have been for awhile.  Maybe my New Year's Resolution should start now.  The ease of uploading a photo to Facebook from the iPad really has kept me away from here.  I need to get it onto here now too.

So for today, it's a photo blog.  The much anticipated icicle picture.  Our school has some fantastic icicles growing from the roof on my side of the building.  I have the elementary students for Science and we started measuring the longest one on Thursday.  To our surprise it started out at 43"!  Today, 45.5"  I didn't think it really warmed up enough for some melting and re-freezing to occur, and I didn't see any precipitation falling....so, maybe there is just enough in the air for it to keep growing!  I really don't get the sun on my side of the building either.

Anyhow, without further ado..

Measuring earlier in the day.

Showing them how much an inch really is before they predict how long it will be when we measure.

My classroom, snow trying to fall off the roof.

Many large icicles.

The longest one.

Don't stand underneath, they are called "killer-cicles" for a reason.  Maybe dangerous-cicles...

Anyhow currently the longest one is 45.5" and still growing.  I will keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment