Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

It's been awhile, I know.

I've made the trip home again, flying for more than a day to see my family and friends.  We've enjoyed the psycho dog reunions, last minute Christmas shopping, a good amount of gift wrapping (my speciality), the tree decorating, the hot chocolates and Christmas morning.  We've been to several houses, seen many friends, enjoyed the good company and even celebrated Mom's birthday last night.

We came home early last night because we know one of the dogs doesn't like the fireworks that always goes off in the neighborhood.  Last night we ended up sharing our bed with a more than slightly frightened Siberian Husky.  He took up more than his fair share I would say.  But, he settled down and at least we all got some sleep.

The new year has begun.  Some look forward to new beginnings, changing habits, breaking habits, saving money, a new baby, a new house, a new marriage, etc.  It's amazing how people want to change, will change and how these changes affect everything around them.  I hope for everyone that the changes that happen with/to/for you this year are for the good.

I'm not sure what to look forward to this year.  Life has changed so much for me and for those around me.  I look forward now to flying back to Egegik to start school up again, a test in the middle of January, then to the end of February when I will be in Anchorage again experiencing something new there.  Then towards the end of school we'll have many cool events and then I'll look forward to the middle of May and coming home for a few months.

What do you look forward to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment