Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The day before..

Did the village know I was leaving?  It sure put on a show.  Frost and fire it seemed like.  A wonderful sunrise as I look past the school staircase.  It's those wonderful pictures that make you feel like you could watch this every day.  (even though they don't happen every day)  Did the village want to make sure I remembered what I was leaving behind, to make sure I'd return?  Well, I was coming back like it or not, I had a return ticket in hand (well, on the web - common, it's 2011!) and I'd be back soon enough.


Almost all packed and ready to go, there are other things to attend to in the village.  Shooting practice was arranged before I wasn't all packed.  I was close and I knew that I'd have all night.  (Lord knows sleeping probably wasn't on the agenda anyhow!)  Excitement has the funny ability to keep you up when you know something good is coming!

So, a student of mine took me out shooting.  We took his gun and mine, headed out to hand out some punishment on an old metal chair and experience a little time at the gravel pit.  That poor chair.  It seems to have been a target for many a shooter.  So many holes already, I just had to add a few of my own.I must say, that M1A has quite the accuracy!  It looks pretty bad-A too!
I had to make sure I got a picture too, maybe it's just a "show everyone what I've done" or maybe it's because I'll never own a gun like this but it was fun.  I know I don't play the shooting games or go out hunting for animals to kill, however it was fun to shoot!
After the beautiful sunrise and the shooting, packing was in order.  I had already gotten the frozen container pre-packed and then back in the freezer so it was basically a dump and run in the morning.  My clothes were almost dry and ready for folding.  I had to sleep on my pillows but they were the last thing to go in.  Making sure that everything was there, I headed for bed, ready to be ready to go whenever Mr. Pen-Air showed up for me the next morning.  I had a lot to do first thing but where was I going? 

Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment