Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weird dreams

So I've waited an hour and a half so I know I'm awake. I feel like this might become a regular thing more often than I wish it would be. I have found myself getting up early in the morning because I'm having some weird Alaska related dreams. Either that or my mind begins to race because there was a moment of alertness during the sleep cycle. Either reason, I don't think I'm too impressed at seeing 4:30am on a regular basis.

Today was a weird dream. It was set in the high school that I went to school in but I was a teacher there. I had to go and teach a class that didn't start until 2:30 but I got there early. There was a student there at 2:00 who was supposed to teach me for a half an hour about how to wear moccasins correctly. Now, I'm not sure where this all came from, but it was there. The girl was an Alaskan Native looking girl and I'm not sure what the thigh high moccasins were going to do for me or what purpose they served at that moment but I was learning about them. I woke up all confused and then my mind started racing again with things that are on it that have to be done in pretty short order.

I've started a post-it wall on a door in our house. Yes, the computer's calendar works very well too but it's on the computer. The post-it wall is visible all the time! Plus, there is some satisfaction of ripping one of them off of there when it is done! Completed this week are the physical required for the school district, a few more assignments for school, playing with my friends new puppy, talking to the bank about the creep who stole my debit card number and went to Bangladesh with it, opening a new checking account with a bank that is also in Alaska and catching up on laundry. I've also worked on the yard outside a bit but the rain has kept me away from that for the most part.

Today some family comes into town, I take 3 of my fur children to get shots so that the husband won't have to worry about it while I'm away and I'll be completing some more homework and more laundry. I have the first few things set aside for Alaska shipping/packing that I know I definitely want to take, I wonder how big the pile is going to get....

69 days to go.

2 comments:

  1. This weekend's goal, or at least one of them, was to bask in the forecasted sunshine and work in the yard: planting, weeding, mowing, watering. Before natural showers, the watering without my help, I did get some of the other tasks started.

    When driven inside by the weather, cool as well as damp, I actually started on one of my bucket-list projects: to convert 34mm slides into a digital format for my writings. I found pictures of the first computers I worked with in the '60's, of me on the riverbanks in Alaska measuring the streamflow and of several of my first trips up the Alcan. What a return to what now is almost a mystical experience.

    You'll love it, or you'll hate it, but the decision is yours. When it starts to become painful, leave before it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about the school I am at...I dreamed that I was leaving school at the end of the day and I stopped in the special ed teacher's room to say goodbye, but she wasn't there. I was standing in the far back corner of the classroom when the teacher popped her head in and looked around. She didn't see me. Someone behind her said, "Is she GONE yet?" At that moment she saw me and we were both really embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete