Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sunrise and Snow

The cold weather here surprises me often times with some wonderful shows.  I get beautiful sunrises and amazing sunsets.  The colors in the pictures often times don't come close to doing them justice but I continue to take them anyhow.  Maybe sometime I will get into photoshop and get them closer but for now, you get to see what the camera saw.  An early  (well, not so early) morning peachy sky out a classroom window.

We are often times also surprised by the the amount of snow that blows around here as well.  A few inches will fall and then the wind picks up, blowing it from someplace, to my front door.  Drifts, piles of snow massed by the wind are amazing pieces of art made by Mother Nature.  This particular one is right outside my front door and requires shoveling from time to time.  27.5" tall and about 4-5 feet long with a width of 3 feet.  That's a lot of snow to move!  This time I only went as wide as the shovel was because I just didn't want to move any more.  Besides, I only needed to walk through it right?

The other beautiful part of this is my one little classroom window.  When the wind blows just right, the snow piles up on the bottom creating that "picture perfect" snow pile at the bottom.  I love it!  Too bad there wasn't a little Christmas tree outside with lights just outside that window!

These pictures were taken quite awhile ago, they could have been taken today though.  Right now I sit and watch the fresh 4" fall off a neighboring roof as it slides down the steep incline.  Plop, Plop, Plop.  I think it would be fun to stand underneath. Just once  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment